By: Jason Sarney
The last mocks are done. The NFL Draft is upon us, and there are no more fake projections and simulators anymore. I have picked my last players, and I am ready for the chips to fall where they may.
I present to you not a Mock Article, and not a list of team selections, grades, or trade analysis. What this will be is a 32-pick-prop-special, as I return to my roots of prognostication.
Without any more lead in, as we have had enough teasing, it is time for my….
32 I Take No Responsibility, Yet Have the Utmost Faith Predictions… for the 2020 NFL Draft.
32. There will be a massive amount of trades, which will break 2019’s number of 40.
31. Teams will place a very heavy emphasis on logistically easy picks, mainly later in Day 2 and Day 3. Local, homegrown, college in same NFL city, get them in.
30. Cesar Ruiz will be a 1st round pick.
29. The Jaguars will make a trade into the top 10 (to make that two top-10 picks), and Yannick Ngakoue will be included.
28. Antoine Winfield, Jr. will be the 2nd safety off the board.
27. DeAndre Swift will be a Chief, and the only 1st round running back.
26. 5 Quarterbacks will be selected in the 1st round.
25. Grant Delpit will be a Saint
24. Jerry Jeudy will play football in New York/New Jersey.
23. Henry Ruggs III will be a Raider. Bet on that.
22. Javon Kinlaw fits the Falcons like a glove.
21. Denzel Mims will fit in perfectly in Philly.
20. Josiah Deguara will be a Raven or a Bengal.
19. K.J. Hamler could be a massive weapon on carpet, as a Colt.
18. Laviska Shenault, Jr. will drop to late-second round.
17. Take the OVER if the WR number in 1st round is 5.5. There may be 7taken.
16. The cornerbacks will be unpredictable after Jeffrey Okudah with the 2-6 choices after him being anyone’s guess. Mine is Henderson, Fulton, Johnson, Gladney, Diggs.
15. The Dolphins will make a trade with the Niners and make a few more overall.
14. The Vikings will be a major trade mover, both up and down the board.
13. Cincinnati will give Joe Burrow a familiar LSU lineman in 2nd or 3rd round. Makes sense.
12. Jaylinn Hawkins will be a steal for someone in Round 6 or 7. His defensive backs coach from California is now in the Miami virtual war room.
11. Jaylon Johnson will be a Viking.
10. I love Kenneth Murray as a Raven.
9. Alex Highsmith will play in the AFC East
8…And will be a top 70 pick.
7. Jordan Love will be selected after a team trades up from him in the middle of 1st round. There are four suitors. Maybe five.
6. The Patriots will trade up for a quarterback...
5. it will not be who you think...
4. Jalen hurts will play football in New England if not Las Vegas.
3. The Miami Dolphins will make the most trades this draft…
2. some will include players and/or 2021 picks.
1. Miami will finish the draft with 11 players, 8 being top 100 picks.
Enjoy the Draft everyone…we are nearly there.
You can follow Jason on Twitter @OrangeAquaman
Latest Dolphins News